red - jobs focused on software development (with some molecular modeling)
orange - jobs focused on modeling and data analyses (with some software development)
green - jobs focused on experimental biochemistry and biophysics
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Janusz M. Bujnicki, offers a position for a
Research Specialist Position
lab technician for high-throughput studies of RNA structure and interactions
Deadline for applications: May 25th, 2022. Preferred job starting date: July 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible
The position is ideal for you if you love molecular biology of RNA, if you are interested in both high-throughput and in-depth analyses, if you are interested in research in collaboration with the industry, if you are organized and adaptive, and if you enjoy teamwork. We want you at this position if you have the drive to learn and implement new experimental methods, and if you are comfortable being involved in multiple tasks in parallel.
As a Research Specialist, you will support the team in research activities, from experiment design to the interpretation of results. You will be expected to master a wide range of techniques including RNA production and purification, various types of high-throughput analyses such as RNA-seq, and analyses of molecular interactions with various biochemical and biophysical techniques. You will be also involved in the support of processes in the experimental part of our lab, including house-keeping, ordering supplies, maintaining stocks, taking care of documentation, organizing lab protocols, etc.; helping new members of the lab during the settling-in period, including initial training. You will have an opportunity to contribute to and co-author scientific inventions and publications.
• Full-time contract (“umowa o pracę”) initially for a trial period (three months), with an intended long-term extension
• Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Additional 13th salary after working a minimum of six months in a given calendar year
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in the MultiSport program
• Scientific training, support from peers
• Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• M.Sc. or Ph.D. in molecular biology, or related discipline
• Expertise and technical competence in designing and conducting scientific experiments and in interpreting their results
• Very good organizational skills, p approach to achieving objectives and solving problems, collaborative and adaptive attitude
• Very good command of English (written and oral communication)
• Documented hands-on experience in RNA biochemistry, preferably in high-throughput analyses (in particular RNA sequencing), and data interpretation
• Experience in biophysical studies of macromolecule-ligand interactions will be advantageous, but is not essential
• Experience in lab management will be advantageous, but is not essential
• Good command of Polish will be advantageous, but is not essential
How to apply:
• Email your application to
• In the subject of the message include "IIMCB-technician-RNA-HTS" and your first and last name
• application must be submitted in English and should contain: 1) a CV, 2) a cover letter including a short description of key achievements and explicit responses to the following questions: What are scientific interests and how do they relate to requirements of the position offered? What are key strengths related to requirements of the position offered? What do know about our laboratory and why do want to work with us?, 3) contacts to at least two potential referees, including Ph.D.) . At this stage, please do not attach copies of diplomas, . Applications that do not match all of these requirements (including thorough responses to the mandatory questions) may be rejected formally.
• Please include the following statement in CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” data will the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link
• We will contact only selected best candidates, who provide complete and specific response to our questions in the cover letter. The shortlisted candidates may be given additional questions and tasks as a part of the recruitment process
• The competition may be extended or repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found
The Research Specialist will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/35tXdaq.